Registering: New Student to the Dover Area School District
Welcome to the Dover Area School District. Our registration process begins with the online registration form system. To use the system, you must first have an active email account.
To create an online account (if you do not already have a Skyward Family Access account):
Once you have an account, please visit:
If you already have a Skyward Family Access account, login into your account and click the New Student Registration button on the left side of the screen.
After you have submitted your application, and provided the required documents to complete your child’s registration you should email Mrs. Hake, Central Registrar, at [email protected] to confirm all required documents have been received.
The following documents are required for completion of your child’s registration and should be uploaded to your child’s account or email them to Mrs. Hake and she will upload them for you. This must be done before your child will receive an enrollment start date with the Dover Area School District.
- Copy of custody papers (if applicable)
- For grades Kindergarten through 6th grade: Copy of most recent progress report from previous school.
- For grades 7th through 12th grade: Copy of most recent schedule and transcript from previous school.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Two forms proof of residency - A lease agreement or mortgage/property deed may be used to determine residency.
- If you do not own the property or do not have a lease agreement, then all of the following must be done to show proof of residency:
- Notarized letter from the property owner giving permission to live at the residence or (residency affidavit). Two (2) of the following need to accompany the notarized letter or residency affidavit:
- Driver’s License/State ID showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Pay stub showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Utility bill showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Car Registration showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Copy of tax return showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
For Kindergarten and Elementary Registrations: Please note that school placement is based on the physical address you reside. Your child’s enrollment start date will generally be 2 – 3 days after the registration is received by the district and Mrs. Hake has contacted you to confirm that all required documents have been received and are acceptable to complete the registration. Your building secretary will then contact you to provide specific class information and answer any additional questions you may have. Transportation will also contact you prior to your child’s first day with their bus information.
For 7th - 12th Grade Registrations: Your child’s enrollment start date will generally be 2 – 3 days after the registration is received by the district and Mrs. Hake has contacted you to confirm that all required documents have been received and are acceptable to complete the registration. Students in 7th– 12th grade are required to have a guidance counselor complete a schedule prior to their first day of school to determine appropriate placement. You will be afforded the opportunity to pay a $30 technology fee for the current school year to cover iPad damage. This may be paid at the time of your enrollment or make arrangements with the guidance counselor.
Minimum age for kindergarten: A child is eligible if he/she turns five (5) years old on or before August 31 of the school year in which she/he seeks admission.
Documents and Forms
Virginia Fultz ACCESS Coordinator Send an Email
Marsha Hake Central Registrar/Homeless Liaison Send an Email