Registering: New Student to the Dover Area School District
Welcome to the Dover Area School District. Our registration process begins with the online registration form system. To use the system, you must first have an active email account.
To create an online account and registration:
If you already have a Skyward Family Access account from the old system: please get in touch with Mrs.Hake, Central Registrar, at email@example.com or Mrs. Fultz, at firstname.lastname@example.org as Skyward Family Access for the new system is not configured yet.
After you have submitted your application and provided the required documents to complete your child’s registration you should email Mrs.Hake, Central Registrar, at [email protected] or Mrs. Fultz, at [email protected] to confirm all the necessary documents have been received.
The following documents are required to complete your child’s registration and should be uploaded to your child’s account or emailed to Mrs. Hake or Mrs. Fultz, who will upload them for you. This must be done before your child will receive an enrollment start date with the Dover Area School District.
- Copy of custody papers (if applicable)
- For Kindergarten through 6th grade: Copy the most recent progress report from the previous school.
- For grades 7th through 12th grade: Copy of most recent schedule and transcript from previous school.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Two forms of proof of residency - A lease agreement or mortgage/property deed may be used to determine residency.
- If you do not own the property or do not have a lease agreement, then all of the following must be done to show proof of residency:
- Notarized letter from the property owner permitting to live at the residence or (residency affidavit). Two (2) of the following need to accompany the notarized letter or residency affidavit:
- Driver’s License/State ID showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Pay stub showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Utility bill showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Car Registration showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Copy of tax return showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
For Kindergarten and Elementary Registrations: Please note that school placement is based on your physical address. Your child’s enrollment start date will generally be 2 – 3 days after the district receives the registration. Mrs. Hake has contacted you to confirm that all required documents have been received and are acceptable to complete the registration. Your building secretary will then contact you to provide specific class information and answer any additional questions you may have. Transportation will also contact you with their bus information before your child’s first day.
For 7th - 12th Grade Registrations: Your child’s enrollment start date will generally be 2 – 3 days after the district receives the registration. Mrs. Hake has contacted you to confirm that all required documents have been received and are acceptable to complete the registration. 7th– 12th-grade students must have a guidance counselor meet a schedule before their first day of school to determine appropriate placement. You can pay a $30 technology fee for the current school year to cover iPad damage. This may be paid at the time of your enrollment, or make arrangements with the guidance counselor.
Minimum age for kindergarten: A child is eligible if they turn five (5) years old on or before August 31 of the school year in which they seek admission.