Communicable Disease Regulations
Guidelines for readmission of students, staff, and volunteers absent from school with infectious diseases or conditions:
- Diphtheria: 2 weeks from the onset or until appropriate negative culture tests.
- Measles: 4 days from the onset of rash. Exclusion may also be ordered by the Department of Health.
- Mumps: 9 days from the onset or until the swelling goes down/subsidies.
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough): 3 weeks from the onset or five days from the institution of appropriate antimicrobial therapy.
- Rubella (German Measles): 4 days from the onset of rash.
- Chickenpox: 5 days from the appearance of the first crop of vesicles or when all the lesions have dried and crusted, whichever is sooner.
- Respiratory Streptococcal Infections: At least 10 days from the onset or 12-18 hours after the first dose of antibiotics.
- Pink Eye: 24 hours after the start of treatment
- Ringworm: After the first treatment, lesions must be covered.
- Impetigo contagiosa: 24 hours after the start of treatment.
- Scabies: After completion of appropriate treatment.