Home Education Program
**Effective July 1, 2020: Pennsylvania compulsorily school age will be age 6 to age 18.
Procedures to follow for home education families submitting paperwork to the Dover Area School District:
New Home Educated Families will need to do the following:
- Submit both a notarized affidavit and a copy of your child's immunization records or a Medical/Religious Exemption form.
- Submit a copy of your teaching objectives with the affidavit. (This should be done by August 1st of each new school year.)
- If your child is currently enrolled in the Dover school district and you are withdrawing your child from the Dover brick and mortar school to home educate them mid-year, you must notify the current building your child is attending immediately, provide a notarized affidavit and objectives for your student to the Central Registrar at the Dover Administration Office, 101 Edgeway Road, Dover, PA. 17315.
If you are moving into the Dover Area School District as a home Educated Family/student:
- If you are enrolled in a district outside of the Dover Area School District you must notify that district in writing, at least 30 days prior to your moving out of the district. Your notification should also request that the sending district provide Dover Area School District with copies of your home education paperwork and reflect that you were an approved home educated family in their district. You are still required to provide Dover Area School District with a new notarized affidavit when you move into our district.
Returning Home Educated Families should:
- Submit a new, notarized affidavit by August 1st of each new school year.
- Submit a copy of your teaching objectives with the affidavit.
- Submit your child's Home School Evaluation Report, signed by a licensed or district approved Evaluator by June 30th of that school year.
Objectives should consist of an outline of the curriculum your child will be following during the school year. This may include a list of classes or textbooks your child will be using during the year.
Please visit the following website athttps://www.education.pa.gov/K-12/Home%20Education%20and%20Private%20Tutoring/Pages/default.aspx for additional information regarding Home Education and Private Tutoring programs.
To see DASD policy on Home Education Programs click on the following linkhttps://www.boarddocs.com/pa/dove/Board.nsf/Public#, click on policies across the top of the page and then select programs (100) on the left side of the page, Home Education Programs is policy #137.