Keystone exams and pa graduation requirements
Keystone Exams are end-of-course assessments administered to high school students in Pennsylvania. At DAHS, the exams are given at the conclusion of Algebra I, Biology, and English 10. Per PA Code, students graduating in the Class of 2022 or later are required to pass the Keystone Exams in order to graduate.
Beginning in the 2021-22 school year, the statewide graduation requirement will apply, as will any other locally-established policies and requirements.
Students can meet the statewide graduation requirement by:
- Scoring proficient or advanced on each Keystone Exam - Algebra I, Literature, and Biology.
- Earning a satisfactory composite score on the Algebra I, Literature, and Biology Keystone Exams. The passing composite score will be available in August 2019.
- Earning a passing grade on the courses associated with each Keystone Exam, and satisfactorily complete one of the following: an alternative assessment (SAT, PSAT, ACT, ASVAB, Gold Level ACT WorkKeys), advanced coursework (AP, IB, concurrent enrollment courses), pre-apprenticeship, or acceptance in a 4-year nonprofit institution of higher education for college-level coursework.
- Earning a passing grade on the courses associated with each Keystone Exam, and pass the National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) or the National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) assessment in an approved Career and Technical Education concentration.
- Earning a passing grade on the courses associated with each Keystone Exam, and demonstrate readiness for postsecondary engagement through three pieces of evidence from the student’s career portfolio aligned to student goals and career plan. Examples of evidence will include ACT WorkKeys, SAT Subject tests, AP, IB and concurrent coursework, higher education acceptance, community learning project, completion of an internship, externship or co-op or full-time employment.
DAHS Preparation Materials
All programs below are offered through Schoology. Departments have created and curated practice programs for students to support success on the Keystone Exam. Students may access the preparation materials by joining the appropriate course on Schoology using the code below.
|KEYSTONE EXAM||SCHOOLOGY ACCESS CODE|
Khan Academy Video and Practice Resources - Algebra
Linear Equations and Systems
Linear Inequalities and Systems of Inequalities
Functions and Patterns
Probability and Data Analysis
Pennsylvania Department of Education Resources