Kindergarten Registration for NEXT School Year
Welcome to kindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year for the Dover Area School District. Our registration process begins with the online registration form system. To use the system, you must first have an active email account.
To create an online account (if you do not already have a Skyward Family Access account):
Once you have an account, please visit:
If you already have a Skyward Family Access account, log in to your account and click the New Student Registration button on the left side of the screen.
After you have submitted your application, you should email Mrs. Hake, Central Registrar, at [email protected] or Mrs. Fultz, at [email protected] They will confirm your child’s application has been received and let you know if all required documents are received and if your child’s application is approved. Once the application is approved, you will be contacted by the elementary secretary prior to May 2022 to set up a screening appointment for your child and also receive 2022-2023 kindergarten information.
- May 16, 2022 – Dover Elementary
- May 17, 2022 – Leib Elementary
- May 18, 2022 – North Salem Elementary
- May 19, 2022 – Weigelstown Elementary
The following documents are required for the completion of your child’s registration and you should upload them to your child’s account or email them to Mrs. Hake and she will upload them for you. This must be done before you will be able to select a screening appointment time for your child.
- Copy of custody papers (if applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Two forms of proof of residency - A lease agreement or mortgage/property deed may be used to determine residency.
- If you do not own the property or do not have a lease agreement, then all of the following must be done to show proof of residency:
- Notarized letter from the property owner giving permission to live at the residence or (residency affidavit). Two (2) of the following need to accompany the notarized letter or residency affidavit:
- Driver’s License/State ID showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Paystub showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Utility bill showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Car Registration showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Copy of tax return showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
Minimum age for kindergarten: A child is eligible if he/she turns five (5) years old on or before August 31 of the school year in which she/he seeks admission.
The following documents must be completed in order to finish the registration process. Once the files are completed, you may upload them into our online registration system or bring them with you to registration.