School closures and delays due to severe weather, power outages, and other emergency situations are always a possibility and you may find the latest information by checking these sources:
- District Website - Check http://www.doversd.org/
- Facebook and Twitter - Follow updates on Facebook or Twitter
- Media - Watch and listen to local television such as WGAL and radio stations such as 910 WSBA
For Parents/Guardians Only
Dover Area School District now lets parents control how they want to be notified about school news, emergency alerts (including school closures and delays due to severe weather), attendance, and low meal balances through Skyward.
Get notified in 3 easy steps!
1. Log into your Skyward Family Access account via a web browser and click the Skylert link on the left side menu.
*If you don't know your Skyward login, contact your school office.
2. Edit any of your information.
3. Choose the types of alerts you want to receive alerts by phone, email or text/SMS and click Save on the upper right side of the screen. Changes in the system will take effect the following day.
Need your Skyward login? Please contact your school.
If there is no mention on the district website or in the media of delays or closures, schools are running on time.
Every effort is made to announce a school closure or two-hour delay no later than 6 a.m. If conditions worsen after the decision is made for a two-hour delay, it is possible that it may change to a closure.
Student drivers are encouraged to use school buses if road conditions are not ideal or if severe weather is a possibility.